PR Center

Notice

Recycled PET prices climb alongside summer temperatures

main text

Recycled PET prices climb alongside summer temperatures

7bdbcf1be4cf02281fe66395324c327f_1721732317_8845.jpg

Getty Images

Bales of green plastic bottles at a recycling facility.

North American recycled PET pellets pricing is continuing to be affected by seasonal demand.

Sources in contact with Plastics News say recycled PET prices have increased by an average of 2.5 cents per pound.

Clear post-consumer PET pellet prices are up 3 cents per pound and green post-consumer pellets are up 2 cents. These price changes are shown on this week's Plastics News resin pricing chart.

"With temperatures on average being elevated, folks are certainly consuming more cold beverages. With that comes an obvious increased demand," said a manufacturer in New Hampshire. "But at the same time, you have the same supply."

Recycled PET prices have been on the rise throughout 2024 and in the second half of 2023.

"I think with it just being a coming into an election year, and just a lot of uncertainty there, [we are] probably going to see, I'd say, stabilization or price [increases]. I don't see price going down," the source added.

* Source : https://www.plasticsnews.com/resin-pricing/recycled-pet-prices-rise-seasonal-demand-heats

* Edit : HANDLER 

우진플라임 대표이사 : 김익환
주소 : 충북 보은군 장안면 우진플라임로 100 (28913)
팩스 : 043-543-1420
전화번호 : 043-540-9000 고객센터(A/S문의) : 1644-0990
E-mail : info@wjpim.com

Copyright © 2020 WOOJINPLAIMM CO., LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.